D’Home Mental Health Association
66, Lintang Bukit Jambul,
11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang
Tel: (60) 4-643 4432 ( call Kavita )
Fax: (60) 4-643 4432
Email : email@example.com
Mission & Objectives
* To provide support, guidance and education for caregivers and families who have loved ones suffering from persistent mental illness.
* To improve the quality of life of those with psychiatric disabilities and to develop their social functioning skills through good psychological adjustment thus paving the way for their reintegration into society.
* To improve awareness for the better understanding and early detection of mental illness thereby increasing and enhancing the rate of successful rehabilitation through early treatment.
Support & Guidance
* To provide support and encouragement to family members and caregivers of the mentally ill.
* To establish support groups where parents, spouses, siblings and friends of the mentally ill may share their experiences and give emotional support to one another.
* To reduce societal discrimination and stigma towards people with psychiatric disabilities by educating the community through seminars, workshops and the mass media.
* To promote a better standard of health care for those with mental illness.
* To provide networking opportunities.
Education & Training
* To conduct courses (Family Link Education Programme), medical talks and seminars for immediate family members, caregivers and the general public.
* To provide vocational training and develop living skills functioning for recovered patients and assist them in job placement opportunities.
* To provide support to schools, colleges, police, communities, families for the better understanding and early detection and treatment of mental illness.