December 23, 2011
December 16, 2011
from Tze Tzin Sim ✆
Dec 4 (13 days ago)
to taman-sri-nibong google group :
Yesterday I went to visit the proposed new housing site together with RA chairman Mr Hwang and a few other committees.
I agree with the residents that it will impact the Taman if the project were to go on.
Hence, I have written the following letter to YDP MPPP for her consideration.
I hope the MPPP will reconsider the density of the said housing project and minimize the traffic impact to the local community.
ADUN Pantai Jerejak
Tarikh: 3 Disember 2011
YG.BHG AR. HAJAH PATAHIYAH BINTI ISMAIL
Yang Dipertua Majlis Perbandaran
Tingkat 17, 10000 Komtar
PER:BANTAHAN TERHADAP PROJEK PERUMAHAN DI ATAS LOT 549, 1621, DAN 4684, MK 12 DAERAH BARAT DAYA, PULAU PINANG
Dengan segala hormatnya saya merujuk kepada perkara di atas.
2. Selepas mendapat maklum balas daripada Persatuan Penduduk Taman Sri Nibong dan ahli jawatankuasa Surau Taman Sri Nibong, kami mendapati projek ini akan mengakibatkan kesesakan lalu-lintas terutamanya di jalan keluar masuk melalui taman. Selepas membuat lawatan tapak pada 3hb Disember 2011, saya bersetuju dengan pendapat penduduk sekitar bahawa projek ini membawa impak besar kepada Taman Sri Nibong.
3. Saya memohon agar pihak MPPP mengkaji semula ‘density’ projek ini. Segala kerjasama dan keprihatinan Yang Dipertua dalam perkara ini amatlah dihargai.
Sekian, terima kasih.
“HARAPAN BARU UNTUK MALAYSIA”
Saya yang menjalankan tugas
(YB SIM TZE TZIN)
Adun Pantai Jerejak
s.k. Encik Hwang
Pengerusi Persatuan Penduduk
Taman Sri Nibong
Sim Tze Tzin
ADUN Pantai Jerejak
State Assemblyman of Penang
12-J-2 Jalan Rumbia
11900 Bayan Lepas,
Tel: +6019 472 8099
December 6, 2011
December 3, 2011
Residents of Taman Sri Nibong are very concerned with the development of 351 units of
medium cost flats in two blocks at the border of Taman Sri Nibong behind the Musolla
after 16 households received a notice from the MPPP requesting them to fill up a form
to voice their protests within 21 days. However no other household received this letter.
including those living near the site. The construction site has already been cordoned off.
TSNRA has voiced the concerns of residents as listed below to YB Sim and also went with him to
view the site during his walkabout. YB Sim will be looking into this matter with the authorities.
1. Our Taman is already overcrowded with a population of more than 5000 residents.
2. Our roads are not wide enough to allow more vehicles to move in and out of the Taman especially during peak hours.
3. Parking spaces along the roads are limited and cannot cater for more vehicles.
4. Situation has already worsened with the business centers ( Kristal Point, coffee shops, restaurants, clinics and offices) at the entrances/exits of Taman Sri Nibong. More vehicles are moving in and out and also parking along the congested roads at the entrances/exits of Taman Sri Nibong. This increases the traffic flow at the entrances/exits of Taman Sri Nibong. TSN, a residential area, has become a thoroughfare for the surrounding areas.
5. With an increase in population of an estimated 1404 residents (351 units x 4 persons) in this area, it will certainly increase and create traffic jam at the bottle neck entrances/exits and undue inconveniences to our Taman residents.
6. In case of an emergency, it will be difficult for the Bomba/Ambulance/Police to access in and out of our Taman because of the already congested and narrow road being blocked by the vehicles parked along the roads.
7. With an increase in traffic volume, air and noise pollution increases, affecting the health of residents and more accidents may occur in this Taman.
8. With an increase in population to our Taman due to the 2 new blocks of flats project, more residents as well as outsiders will frequent our Taman, thereby the security of our Taman will be compromised eg. theft and burglary .
We propose to the developer of the two blocks of flats to:
1) make the project into a gated and guarded community with a six foot high wall bordering Taman Sri Nibong, thus preventing intrusion into Taman Sri Nibong
2) to build their own access road into Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah ( beside the Caltex Station ) for their entrances/exits .
a) In the process of piling, the developer will be responsible for any damage caused to any house in the vicinity and pay compensation fully.
b) The working hours to cease by 6.00pm daily.